Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My last day at The Globe!



Today is my last full day of interning at The Globe Showroom, and I found it necessary to reflect on the amazing time I’ve had here. 6 months ago, I began this journey as a quiet intern who didn't really know where I wanted to go with my fashion career. Looking back, I've realized how much I've grown as a person. I am more confident with myself and with my knowledge of the fashion industry, and I couldn't have got to this point without The Globe!

Throughout my months of interning, I've learned many vital lessons that I know will be crucial for the years to come. I have contributed with sales, PR, merchandising, marketing, and retail; where else can you learn all of those things at once?

I have become so connected with the collections, the showroom space, and the atmosphere that it is going to so difficult to leave. I don't feel like an intern anymore, I feel like I'm a part of your team.

Ashley, Angela, Justine, Amy, Korie, Emily Chen, Emily Glass, Lizanne, Bruno, Lisa, Jeffrey, Tracey, Karen, Marie Jo, I cannot thank you all enough for the kindness you all showed me during my time here. I have learned so many different things by working with you, watching your appointments, and just having regular conversations with you all. It's going to be incredibly weird not seeing your faces 3 times a week!

Interning at The Globe has refined my views of the inner workings of the fashion industry and how everything runs behind-the-scenes. I will be leaving this internship with so much knowledge and respect for this industry; I’m grateful that you all have taught me this. I'll miss getting stuck in the dreaded hanger closet, ooh-ing & aah-ing over new season collections, assisting with buyer appointments, & helping you all out with strengthening your accounts.

Just because I’m finished with my internship doesn’t mean that I’ll be gone forever! I'm happy to say that I'll still remain the official blogger for The Globe! I will also strive to keep in touch with you all; whenever I’m back home in NYC I’ll be sure to let you all know :)

Once again, thank you thank you THANK YOU for everything you all have shown and done for me during the course of my stay here! I will miss you all so much, but I know we’ll meet again soon ♥

-Bianca aka "Biancks" aka "Bi"





:P

1 comment: