Friday, August 26, 2011

The Globe West Welcomes A New Intern!



The Globe West is happy to announce their new addition to their LA team, their new intern Janelle Gutierrez!


Janelle began her internship with the Globe in January, and she is truly enjoying her time there! A California native, Janelle was born in Woodland Hills and is now living in Laguna Niguel. The 19 year-old attends FIDM, where she wants to major in Merchandise Marketing.


Interning alongside Bella and Casey (they all met at school), the three girls have all bonded through the Globe! They are so close in fact, that Janelle and Casey (who I interviewed here) are planning to move in together! Read more below as I chat more with Janelle!


What are your fashion aspirations?

I hope to one day make a name for myself in the styling business. I fell in love with fashion when I can remember and always had a passion for creating outfits and looks. Whether it be for a magazine line or a personal stylist, I would love to give it all a try!

Share some of your daily tasks at the Showroom.

I start my day with whatever they have on the list. It can be organizing the showroom or changing the mannequins; I love creating their outfits! I put out new displays out on the floor & do paperwork in the back room. I help them pack and unpack when they travel. Just a whole assortment of things that I all enjoy.

Fashion has its fun moments! What is the most interesting thing that has happened at the showroom?

On my first day, I was helping to hang clothes and I was the only one on the floor. I was told to properly greet anyone who came in. So at one point a man walked in and I said "Hi welcome to The Globe, is there anything I can do for you?" He asked for Karen or Tracy, so I went into the back and told them who was here to see them. Everybody just starts laughing! It ended up being one of the owners from the showroom!

The outfit you're wearing in this picture is super cute. Describe your style!

Thank you! I'm not sure how to describe my style. I just love fashion so much. I like to try it all but in general I have more of a hipster/hippie style.


The most important lesson Janelle has learned as an intern is: "With a lot of hard work, dedication, and time a lot of opportunities can come your way." Janelle's hard work has definitely paid off, and we are glad to have her on our team!




For appointments & inquiries, contact The Globe West at 213.955.6116

No comments:

Post a Comment